Tomas Rokicki has announced the release of a new version of Golly, the cross platform Game of Life program written by him and Andrew Trevorrow. From his announcement:
The important changes:
- Saves patterns (RLE or macrocell formats).
- Displays comments in pattern files.
- Windows app can read gzipped pattern files.
- Simple cell selection and editing.
- Scrolling via hand cursor.
- New tool bar buttons.
- Numerous bug fixes and interface improvements.
The distribution now includes a pattern collection (still under development). Many of the current patterns show off Golly's hashing capabilities.
(Disclaimer— I have no association with anyone or any organization, and speak only for myself. Links and quotes are provided for information only.)